Sunday 14 August 2011

kid's talk

1)

Kathleen waving her pencil which has a star on top.  She calls it her 'magic wand'.

K : Look mommy I got a magic wand! I can make magic!
m : oh... can you make mommy taller
K : (immediate reply) Cannot
[conclusion : there are some things that even magic cannot fix]

2)

Kathleen always add 'es' to the end of singular word to indicate plural, despite many attempts on my part to teach her.  Eg, her card will be cardes, etc.  Then one day, in a eureka tone ...

K : mommy mommy I know, one man (men), many MENSES!
m : nonono!

[coincidentally, it was that time of my month...]

3)

On the MRT, Kathleen was digging her nose and trying to dispose of her nuggets onto the seat by rubbing her thumb and index finger together, all the while judging my reaction. 

m : no
K : ok, (bend down) I will just pick it up and put it back into my nose
[and the thing is, she really did it!]

1 comment:

kkf said...

hahahaha soooo funnie especially the last one!