Tuesday 23 March 2010

20100323 mommy's thoughts

After Chinese New Year, Kate started showing some refusal in going to school.  It escalated until she would cry every morning after she woke up.  Everyday.  Until today. Papa is going crazy.   On the only day which I sent her to school, she was alright, but that is not the long term plan, as papa is the one using the car, and if I have to send her to school, she will need to be in school before 7.30am, which I think is too early for such a young gal (especially when she had such a late bedtime).

She is also refusing rice during dinner.  So on certain evenings, she would not take in any solid at all.  Cannot remember if this started before or after Chinese New Year.  Sigh..there goes my plan to fatten her up.

I checked with my sis who also had a 3 year old and she confirmed that terrible twos does not run in our family.  Its the terrible threes instead, and she herself is having problem with her own child (who can understand more than Kate).  My sis said that based on her experience with her elder child, this TT stage will last for about half a year. Argh!

With my dilly dally, I have not visited any of my shortlisted primary schools, nor have I started drafting my parent volunteer letter. Argh!

Here are 2 pictures of her lying on my bed drinking milk.  As her mattresses are all on the ground, papa has to carry her mattresses and put them on our master bed on the evenings when the PT cleaner so that the PT cleaner can vacuum and mop the floor in her bedroom.  She like this arrangement, cos she like to jump on a highly stacked up mattresses, or to squeeze into the little gap left, and do her things (eg, read her books, or drink milk like what she is doing in this picture).


And finally here is a picture of her with her elmo and bear bear, her current bedtime story and tuina and sleeping mates. :)


Afternote (added 20100328) :

forget to add that nowadays, Kate likes to greet bus drivers. When she board the bus, she will shout HELLO to the bus driver very loudly (of course some drivers will say hello back while some will ignore her).  Previously she will say BYEEEEEE to all the passengers in the MRT after she got off the MRT.  And this is from a gal who will 'act shy' when she sees her neighbours and who will not greet her grandparents. 

And nowadays she also improvise lyrics.  When she does her things (playing mostly) she can sing songs with known tunes, but with her own lyrics, eg, talking about what she was doing then, etc.  She is beginning to show signs of being able to tell me what happened when I was not around (yes, most kids can do by 1.5 year old) cos that day she told me that her water bottle was broken in school, and when prompted, can tell me in her limited language that she was the one who pull the bottle off the shelf.  Similarly, yesterday, when I came home, she was able to convey the message that she asked papa where I was ('Mommy mommy') when she woke up and cannot find me.

2 comments:

kkf said...

haha, terrible 3...
hope the terrible 3 stage will be over soon!

YEO Family said...

oh..seem like what you shared has emerged on siang at this stage too :p. Terrible 3!